Good morning! How was your weekend? Here in Canada, we are enjoying a long weekend
, because it’s Victoria Day – a national holiday in honour of Queen Victoria.
That means trips to the cottage, pool parties, an extra day to relax, and the official last day of the Tulip Festival.
Later this afternoon, we’ll be taking Little A. swimming for the first time. I have a feeling he’ll be a natural, I can’t wait
I love swimming. I’ve always felt like a fish out of water and the closer I get to a pool, lake, ocean – the happier I am. I can be both invigorated and soothed by water. I enjoy swimming laps or simply floating with the waves. Bottom line, I love being in the water! What about you?
Last week I made a delicious salmon dinner with coconut sauce, which flavoured the fish and rice perfectly. I’m planning on making it again tonight. Little A. and Mr. Smith had come home from playing at the park and they were famished – this hearty meal filled their bellies right up. Little A. went easy on the fish, but he devoured the vegetable rice with coconut sauce. This is the kind of dish that’s easy to prepare after a busy day and that’s sure to hit the spot.
I guess this is another use for coconut milk (Five others here)
. Shu Han from Mummy, I can cook,
also reminded me that curry should be on my list of uses for coconut milk. Absolutely! I love curry. I guess I’ll have to make a Part Two to my original post
Some fun news; I’ve been Post Marked at The Post Social today. What an honour! Can you guess which post it is?
Thanks for popping in today,
I hope that you have a smooth Monday
and a fabulous week ahead of you.
Salmon with Coconut Sauce
4 salmon steaks (4 oz/ each)
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 cup diced tomatoes
1 Tablespoon fresh grated ginger
4 Tablespoons of coconut oil
1 tsp coriander spice
salt and pepper
- Begin by making the coconut sauce. In a large pot, over medium heat, add 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil and ginger. Stir for a minute as the pan warms up.
- Add diced tomatoes to pot, cook while stirring for 3-4 minutes.
- Add 1 cup coconut milk, lower the heat, cover the pot and let simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- In a grill pan, over medium-high heat, add 2 Tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Rub coriander spice, salt and pepper into salmon steaks.
- Pour coconut sauce into the grill pan.
- Place all four salmon steaks in the pan, in the sauce.
- Cook steaks for 8 minutes on each side (depending on thickness, time might be less).
- Place salmon steaks on a bed of vegetable rice and spoon the coconut sauce over top.
- Serve hot and Enjoy!
To make vegetable rice: prepare brown rice as usual, including half a cup finely chopped broccoli, 3/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms, and two minced garlic cloves.
Emily Smith is the founder and editor of The Best of this Life. She has two littles, a darling husband, and dreams of owning a new puppy. A gluten-free connoisseur, social media maven and reigning fashionista (in her own rights). She loves writing and shares her three core values with her readers – love life, live well, share the beauty.
Latest posts by Emily Smith (see all)