Baking with kids is lots of fun, totally messy, and very rewarding! I love how eager and excited Little A. gets in the kitchen. To get your Little One in the mix of things without feeling completely overwhelmed, why not try a simple recipe like this? I mean, it doesn’t get simpler than cornflakes, chocolate, and a teaspoon of your favourite flavour; maple syrup, peanut butter, mint extract – the possibilities are limitless.
As you melt and prepare the chocolate, your kid(s) can measure the cornflakes, pour them into the bowl, and get ready for you to pour the melted chocolate over them as they stir. As the mixture cools, you can set up a two baking sheets with was paper. Set your Little One up with a tablespoon and allow them to scoop out the mixture and place it in clumps on the sheet. You can help smaller kids out, as it can be a bit messy. Don’t worry if they fall apart a bit, as long as the chocolate is touching, it will firm up and stick together.
Easy. Fun. Delicious!
Couldn’t be easier, right? But don’t be fooled, just because it’s easy doesn’t mean it’s not delicious! You can save them in your refrigerator for up to two weeks, if you can keep your hands off them for that long! Oh, and let the kids decorate them with sprinkles, chopped cherries, or icing for an added creative touch. Enjoy!Print
Easy and tasty, these sweet little treats are fun for birthday parties and the holiday season.
- 4 cups cornflakes
- 1 pound (16 ounces) semisweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of maple syrup or other flavour
- Prepare the chocolate first: Chop up chocolate into 1/2–inch pieces.
- Put 2/3 of the chocolate in a glass bowl. Microwave at medium–high power for 30–second periods, stirring with a rubber spatula in the intervals, until 3/4 of the chocolate is melted, about 1 1/2 minutes (or use a double-boiler).
- Add the remaining chocolate in large handfuls, stirring constantly until the chocolate is all melted and around 88 F when measured with a candy thermometer.
- Line two baking sheets with wax paper. Put the cornflakes in a large bowl and pour half of the melted chocolate over them.
- Using a rubber spatula, quickly fold the cornflakes into the chocolate until they’re evenly coated; add the remaining chocolate and fold gently until all of the cornflakes are generously coated with chocolate. Add in one teaspoon of flavour (I used maple syrup).
- Using a teaspoon, scoop the chocolate-covered cornflakes onto the prepared baking sheet and shape them into free-form clusters with a second teaspoon.
- Place in the fridge for 25 minutes to firm up and solidify.
- Summertime Fun With the Primo Foldable Scooter - July 5, 2020
- Self-Care With the OSIM uCozy 3d Neck and Shoulder Massager - July 3, 2020
- Beauty Buzz: Jouviance Dream Cream Night Repair Cream-In-Mask - June 25, 2020