I made this for lunch last week and posted the recipe straight away on instagram, but I made sure to snap extra pictures to share with my smoothie-loving readers! This smoothie incorporates some of my favourite flavours and they marry together beautifully. Sweet raspberries, sour lime and rich creamy coconut milk all whirled together for an A-list party in your mason jar.
Raspberries are full of vitamin C, manganese and fiber. They are praised for their anti-cancer benefit, attributed to their antioxidant and anti-inflammatory phytonutrients. In addition to great nutritional value, it is believed that the rheosmin found in raspberries can also decrease activity of a fat-digesting enzyme called pancreatic lipase that is produced by our pancreas. By decreasing the activity of this enzyme, we may digest and absorb less fat (source).
So raspberries, check. Now, limes. Yes, those little green citrus fruit are powerful. Squeeze them into your water, eat a slice a day, drizzle over salad…etc. Why? Well, because these little gems contain 22 milligrams of calcium and over five micrograms of folate per fresh lime. That’s the kind of nutrients that are perfect for women of child-bearing age and post-menopausal (source).
Do you need any more convincing, or should I let you run to the kitchen…now. Enjoy!Print
Deliciously refreshing, nutrient dense and filling – an ideal lunch on the go or post-workout drink.
- 1 cup of frozen raspberries
- 1 cup of light canned coconut milk
- 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 teaspoons of freshly squeezed lime juice
- (or just add in some of the flesh of the lime)
- Place all the ingredients in the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serving Size: 1
- Is Your Social Media Feed Affecting Your Self-Esteem? - January 12, 2021
- How to Start Saving for Your Dreams - January 11, 2021
- I See You: Why Beauty Diversity in the Media Matters - January 5, 2021