I think I’m still in disbelief that we’ve entered the month of November. Where did October go? The month was full and busy, flying right on by. We celebrated Little A’s 5th birthday and soon after, all the planning for Halloween started. Costumes, school party, and trick-or-treat strategizing.
Waking up early this morning, not quite used to the time change yet (how long will that take?) I feel like the calm after the storm. I’m hoping for a few weeks of that before the holiday rush! On quieter days like these, I like to bake – so when the busyness comes again, there are healthy nibbles and treats all ready to go.
This gluten-free pumpkin loaf is moist, flavourful, spicy, slightly sweet, and comforting. It freezes very well and thaws quickly, making it a terrific make-ahead snack.
I added a thin glaze for a bit of extra sweetness and to give it the feeling of a cake loaf, however it really is quite healthy!Print
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup light buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup of icing sugar
- 2 tsp of melted coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients, except sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, vanilla and sugar.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients, blending until smooth.
- Bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven and allow to cool before removing from pan. Combine all ingredients to make glaze, pour over bread, and enjoy!
- Kitchen Makeover: How to Choose the Perfect Paint Colour - August 9, 2023
- Radiant Days: La Roche-Posay Essentials for Your Skincare Routine - August 7, 2023
- 24 Cheerful Painting Projects to Ignite Your Creativity - June 1, 2023