I can’t believe Halloween is this Saturday. Where has October gone? More than ever, my little guy is interested in this spooky holiday – and while I can’t say I’m the biggest Halloween fan, I never say no to a party! Every year, we throw a small gathering with themed drinks and food and watch a few holiday classics, including It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown.
We usually trick-or-treat at our neighbours doors and since our kiddos aren’t in it for the long haul, we retreat home to munch on a few more treats and dance to the Monster Mash. This year, my son is dressing up as Batman and my daughter will be a purple fuzzy bat! I can only imagine their excitement on the day of, considering they love playing dress up in general.
When it comes to Halloween parties a touch of scary and drama go a long way, as does traditional orange and black colours. I have never been drawn to the gory, so I’ll leave it to the zombie-fans! I’ve rounded up some fun, light-hearted Halloween treats and decor inspiration to add some flair to your Halloween party this year. Have fun and don’t scare the daylights out of your friends and family, okay?!
1. Pink-O-Ween Dinner Tablescape by Pizzazzerie
Courtney takes a pink chic spin on Halloween with this vibrant and bold table decor. I love how elegant and playful it is!
2. Monster Joe’s – A “Not-So-Scary” Halloween Favorite by Amee’s Savory Dish
What kid wouldn’t go crazy for one of these monster joe’s? This is such a creative idea for a Halloween dinner.
3. Super Easy Candy “Corn” Recipe by I Heart Nap Time
We are definitely going to make Jamielyn’s candy “corn” recipe – it’s the perfect snacking food for movie night!
4. Halloween Monster Cookies by Blahnik Baker
Zainab recreates the monster cookie with Halloween candy. These are great for sending to school for Halloween class parties.
5. Halloween Rice Krispies Treats by She Wears Many Hats
Amy shows us how to take our rice krispies treats game up a notch! Let me tell you, these are going to be a HUGE hit with party-goers.
6. Toil & Trouble Witch Themed Snack Table by Pen &Paper Flowery Blog
This snack table created by Jessica is so up my alley. It’s Halloween themed, yet not over the top and has a very organic and authentic vibe to it. Also, the snack ideas are on point, keeping sugar overload at bay. Check it out!
7. Fall Ginger Apple Cider Punch by The Best of This Life
This is one of our most popular fall posts on the blog – and it’s not hard to tell why, this apple cider punch is delicious!
8. Candy Corn Pudding Pops by Fake Ginger
Amanda totally nailed these candy corn pudding pops! My son loves popsicles all year round and Halloween is no exception. Wouldn’t these look great served on (food grade) dry ice?
9. Rustic Caramel Apples by The Best of This Life
A few Halloweens ago we made these caramel apples with twigs instead of popsicle sticks and it was quite the conversation starter.
10. Halloween Candy Toffee by Cherished Bliss
Ashley knows what partiers really want, C-A-N-D-Y! This toffee is dangerously scrumptious.
Do you have a favourite Halloween decoration or recipe that you pull out every year? Do share.
- Kitchen Makeover: How to Choose the Perfect Paint Colour - August 9, 2023
- Radiant Days: La Roche-Posay Essentials for Your Skincare Routine - August 7, 2023
- 24 Cheerful Painting Projects to Ignite Your Creativity - June 1, 2023