All you need is just a few wholesome ingredients to make these delicious baked apples. My mom has made this recipe for as long as I can remember. We enjoy them hot off the stove top, as they are or as a favourite topping for pancakes and yogourt. Some baked apples are sugar coated and sweet, but not these. The natural sweetness from gala apples is enough to satisfy and balances the warm cinnamon spice perfectly.Print
- 8 Royal Gala (or another naturally sweet variation) apples peeled and chopped
- ½ cup sultana raisins
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 ¼ cup of water
- Place all ingredients in a cooking pan.
- Cover and simmer on medium-low heat for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let it sit covered for another 15 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- You can add a bit of coconut whip or yogourt to top it off to make it even more dessert like.
- Serving Size: 4
Hope everyone is enjoying a great week so far.
- Discover Alltrue: A Socially Conscious Subscription Box and Community - October 9, 2021
- Mindfulness in Children: How to Make It Part of Family Life - October 3, 2021
- How You Can Create A Calm Environment At Home To Help Your Family Thrive - August 3, 2021