What is gratitude?
the quality of being thankful; readiness to show appreciation for and to return kindness
Expressing gratitude for the simple things in life, each and everyday, has an incredible impact on your outlook and the way you connect with people. From personal experience, taking five minutes each day to think about something I am grateful for makes me realize just how much I have and how much joy is in my life. Last month, I shared my daily gratitude journal with you on social media and I was so encouraged by readers and followers who shared what they were thankful for in their day or how my post inspired them. Here is a list of 31 simple things that I am grateful for.
I encourage you to make your own list, as we might have some cross over, I’m sure there will be different and wonderful things that you are grateful for in your own life.
- My family
- My garden
- The beauty that surrounds me every day
- Home sweet home
- My country: Canada
- Food (please donate to your local food bank!)
- Music and dancing, she’s a gem!
- My darling daughter
- Times alone to reflect
- My mom – who taught me to dream and work hard.
- People who make me laugh
- My sweet son, he’s incredible!
- Quiet coffee breaks where everything slows down
- Favourite books, the ones you read over and over again.
- My husband, he’s my person <3
- Mornings, where every new day is a gift
- God’s love that sustains me
- Easy Sundays, relaxing afternoons
- Things that soothe my soul: children’s laughter, leaves crunching under my feet, a sweet letter in the mailbox
- Frozen berries to make smoothies! I use them almost every day.
- My bed, so cozy and warm
- Fall – crisp, cool days, bright colours, pumpkin patches
- Learning from my mistakes
- Good friends
- My unique light and the unique sparkle in every one I know – shine bright!
- Teachers and mentors
- Ability to work from home
- Life’s challenges that make me stronger
- I’m thankful my family has shelter, warm clothes, and food (please support your local shelter in anyway you can).
- For every year I’m alive
- For hope, new possibilities, and exciting adventures ahead