There’s nothing like a fresh salad full of your favourite ingredients to hit the spot. This raspberry and pear spinach salad packs a punch with the addition of red onions and honey goat’s cheese. Zesty and delicious, it makes for one satisfying main meal.
The Foodie Mama’s ingredient theme for the month of September is raspberries and boy do we have a lineup of mouth watering recipes to share with you today! From savoury to sweet, the ruby red berry shines in all of them.
But before you scroll down and start pinning away (because you’ll want to), I want to talk about just how easy this nutrient rich salad is to make. All you need is a bed of fresh baby spinach, sliced pears and red onions, a pint of raspberries and a sprinkle of sweet honey goat’s cheese. Mixed together, this medley of ingredients creates a flavourful delight. To make it even more magnificent, you can drizzle a homemade raspberry vinaigrette on top of it, made of crushed raspberries, balsamic vinegar and virgin olive oil.
Is your mouth watering yet? I hope so! The full recipe is below for your enjoyment.
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves
- 6 oz of raspberries
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1/4 red onion, sliced
- 3 Tablespoons honey goat’s cheese
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- In a serving bowl, place a bed of baby spinach leaves. Top with sliced pears and onions. Crumble goat’s cheese and sprinkle on top. In a small bowl, crush 8 raspberries using a fork, add balsamic vinegar and oil, stir until well combined. Add the remaining raspberries to the salad and drizzle with the raspberry vinaigrette. Enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2-4
5 MORE DELECTABLE RASPBERRY RECIPES FROM THE #FOODIEMAMAS
Chocolate Dipped Raspberries by Deepika Haldankar of EasyBabyMeals
Vanilla Meringue Cookies with Raspberry Sauce by Sara Maniez of Life’s Little Sweets
Raspberry White Chocolate Pancakes by Manju Mahadevan of Cooking Curries
Raspberry Oatmeal Bars by Kaitie Lawlor of Fuchsia Freezer
Raspberry Dark Chocolate Chunk Muffins by Ali of Home & Plate
WANT MORE AMAZING RECIPES BY THE FOODIE MAMAS? YOU GOT IT!
FOLLOW THE FOODIE MAMAS PINTEREST BOARD AND OUR HASHTAG #FOODIEMAMAS ACROSS SOCIAL MEDIA TO SEE WHAT’S COOKING.
- Summertime Fun With the Primo Foldable Scooter - July 5, 2020
- Self-Care With the OSIM uCozy 3d Neck and Shoulder Massager - July 3, 2020
- Beauty Buzz: Jouviance Dream Cream Night Repair Cream-In-Mask - June 25, 2020