In my house, baking desserts of any kind is a favourite pastime for my family, as we love trying out new recipes and eating them together around the table. Being a mom who’s invested in health and natural food products, I’m always on the hunt for healthier alternatives to sugar and high-calorie sweeteners for my recipes, and was thrilled to learn about two new sweetening options Lantic-Rogers has just released. With no artificial flavours, colours, preservatives, or chemicals, I’ve fallen head-over-heels in love with both of these products for those times when I’m whipping something up in the kitchen to enjoy with my loved ones.
p.s These All-Natural Sweeteners are Your Dessert’s New Best Friend
The first is the Smart Sweetener Blend Sugar + Stevia, which is an all-natural sweetener blend of sugar and calorie-free stevia extract that gives you double the sweetening power of plain sugar, but with half the calories. This is the perfect option for sweetening your coffee or tea in the morning, and to use in baking recipes when you’re wanting to keep that calorie count down.
The second sweetener I’m obsessing over is Lantic-Rogers’ coconut sugar, which is delicious to use as a replacement for regular sugar in dessert recipes because of its rich, caramel flavour. I’ve used coconut sugar before, but I love the flavour that Lantic-Rogers’ coconut sugar has. This coconut sugar is all-natural, with no artificial ingredients or chemicals, and is especially delicious in Asian-inspired dishes, coffee, and chocolate desserts. Below is one of my top dessert recipes to make with the little ones when we’re craving something sweet: my Gluten-Free Fudge Brownies. As if they couldn’t get any more delicious, the substitute of regular sugar for the coconut sugar really amped up the flavour of the chocolate, and gave a new dimension to the brownies with its hint of rich, caramel deliciousness. And because of that yummy, decadent flavour, no one noticed that I used half the sugar I normally do!
- 1/2 cup salted butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Lantic-Rogers Coconut Sugar
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup light buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Lightly grease and line a 9” x 9” baking pan with parchment paper.
- Melt salted butter and chocolate chips together in sauce pan.
- Set aside.
- Whisk eggs and coconut sugar in a large mixing bowl until well combined.
- Slowly add in melted butter and chocolate mixture.
- Combine flours, cocoa, and baking powder in a small bowl.
- Add to egg mixture.
- Spoon batter into prepared baking dish.
- Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips.
- Bake in preheated oven for 17-19 minutes.
- Allow to cool before cutting into and serving.
- Makes 12 large brownies, or 25 smaller ones.
Get Your Savings Here!
You can find both of these Lantic-Rogers sweeteners in your local Loblaws supermarket, and use this $1.00 off coupon from save.ca to make your purchase of either of these products (or both!) that much sweeter.
I hope you’ll enjoy making these incredibly fudgy brownies and try other great recipes at http://www.lantic.ca/en/sweetenersredefined/.
This recipe has been sponsored by Lantic-Rogers on behalf of Ehm & Co. As always, all opinions are my own.