This post was sponsored by Bush’s® Beans as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Baked Beans are a Tasty Addition to Summertime Meals
Outdoor dining season is back! To celebrate, we’re kicking things off this Victoria Day long weekend with delicious eats and family fun outside.
One of our favourite summertime recipes to enjoy al fresco, at our backyard picnic table, is Pulled Pork Nachos Topped with Bush’s® Homestyle Baked Beans. They are delicious, and we’re sharing the recipe with you today!
Salty tortilla chips loaded with slow-cooked pulled pork, peppery red onions, tangy BBQ sauce, gooey melted cheese, flavourful Bush’s® Homestyle Baked Beans, juicy tomatoes, creamy sour cream, and fresh cilantro; mmmm….so good.
Here’s Why Bush’s® Beans are a Family Favourite
As a family, we’re big fans of Bush’s® Beans. Their quality and flavour are a cut above! My husband was born and raised in Tennessee, home of the Bush Brothers & Company, which was founded over 110 years ago and remains a family company to this day. He introduced me to them when we got married in 2009; around the same time that Bush’s® Beans launched in Canada.
We love Bush’s® Homestyle Baked Beans, slow cooked with their special blend of spices, for topping on grilled hot dogs and nachos! Bush’s® Maple Style Baked Beans are always a hit for Sunday brunch, especially because they’re made with real Canadian maple syrup. Yum!
Bush’s® Beans are of excellent quality and taste. Every bite delivers that premium bean goodness everyone loves. With 7 delicious flavour offerings, they’re our go-to beans to make mealtimes easier and bursting with taste.
Time to Dive Into This Delicious Nacho Recipe
Now, who’s ready to make these incredible nachos just in time for Victoria Day?! They’re a scrumptious addition to your family’s backyard BBQs and picnics. It’s all about the star ingredient – Bush’s® Homestyle Baked Beans! Their tangy flavour paired with pulled pork, and all the fixings, knocks these nachos way out of the park.
Straight from the oven to the patio, this summertime dish is a home run. And don’t forget the homemade lemonade to add to the party. Cheers!
To learn more about Bush’s® Baked Beans including varieties and recipes, visit bushbeans.caPrint
These pulled pork nachos topped with baked beans, red onions, cheese, tomatoes, sour cream, and cilantro are the best loaded nachos ever!
- 800g cooked pulled pork*
- Tortilla chips
- 1 red onion, diced
- ⅓ cup BBQ sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup nacho-blend cheese
- 1 can Bush’s® Homestyle Baked Beans
- 2 Roma tomatoes, diced
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- Cilantro, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425 ˚F. In a 9×13 dish, add a layer of tortilla chips. Top with pulled pork, red onions, BBQ sauce, and cheese. Place in the oven for 8 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden.
- While the nacho dish is in the oven, prepare Bush’s® Homestyle Baked Beans as per directions: heat in the microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove nachos from the oven, top with Bush’s® Homestyle Baked Beans, sour cream, tomatoes, cilantro, salt, and pepper. Optional: add more toppings! Such as green onions, olives, extra cheese, salsa. Serve and enjoy!
*You can either use pre-cooked store-bought pulled pork or prepare your own in the slow-cooker. To make: place pork shoulder in the slow cooker, rub with a mix of seasonings including 3 Tbsp brown sugar, 1 tsp garlic salt, 1 tbsp chili pepper, 1 tsp cayenne pepper, salt, pepper. Then coat with a mixture of ¼ cup BBQ sauce, ¼ mustard, ¼ cup apple cider vinegar. Add 1 cup of water around and cook on low for 8 hours. Once done, shred into pieces. I like to prepare the pulled pork in advance overnight and store it in the fridge. That way it’s on hand for when I’m ready to assemble the nachos for mealtime
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Nachos, Loaded Nachos, Pulled Pork Nachos, Baked Beans
- How To Throw An Easy Backyard Party – and Earn Aeroplan Points Too! - August 8, 2022
- Why Backyard Gardening Is Easy With Raised Garden Bed Planters - July 21, 2022
- How to Take Care of Your Skin Every Day This Summer - July 13, 2022