Asparagus is a sure sign of spring – when the market fills with delicious green stalks that are perfect for light broiling or to enjoy in fresh garden salads. This light salad makes an appetizing lunch that is enjoyable on its own or paired with savoury pasta dish.
The crisp, sharp flavour of radishes paired with slightly bitter taste of asparagus and sweet Bibb lettuce covered with dijon mustard vinaigrette is an incredibly energizing palette!
- 2 teaspoons grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 heads Bibb or Boston lettuce, leaves torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 4 asparagus stalks, thinly sliced
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mustard, vinegar, and olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Add lettuce, radishes, and asparagus. Toss to combine. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 4