Sublime, heavenly, creamy, zesty, oh-so-delicious! Just a few of the ways I’d describe this incredible lime mousse dessert! If you’re looking for a simple, mouth-watering dessert to make this summer, this might just be it. It’s so good friends.
While I was making this recipe, I tasted the mixture to see if there was enough lime flavouring in it. With just one taste, I was already swooning. I could hardly wait for it to chill completely and be photographed so I could officially have a bite. Boy was it worth the wait. It’s absolutely divine!
I made this mousse keto-friendly by using Monk Fruit sugar. It has zero calories and is sweeter than sugar. You can also use regular white granulated sugar or another keto granulated sugar that you might have on hand.
Every Bite of This Lime Mousse Is Heavenly
The silky texture of the mousse melts in your mouth. Yet not before you have a chance to savour its richness. A richness which envelops the fresh taste of lime and subtle notes of vanilla.
Oh my yum.
While I could eat this every day, all year round, it has an especially summery feel to it. It’s ideal for the season we’re in.
Can’t you just see yourself pulling out a pretty little bowl of bliss from the fridge to enjoy on a summer’s night. Curled up with a light read, watching the last golden light fall beyond the horizon. All the while, slowly enjoying delicious bite after delicious bite of creamy, zesty mousse.
Yas girl! You can!
you might also like: Easy Maple Leaf Watermelon Pops for Canada Day
Share or Don’t Share, It’s up to You!
Of course if you want to share, which I’m warning you in advance will require great generosity on your part, you’ll be happy to know this dessert is a crowd pleaser.
Don’t be surprised if you get a standing ovation – it’s that good.
I should also highlight just how easy it is to throw together; no baking required friends!
With your handy-dandy mixer you can whip up this decadent mousse in no time at all. The hard part is waiting to eat it!
I recommend making it in the evening, heading to bed, and having it for breakfast…um, I mean…keeping it refrigerated until an appropriate time to serve dessert.
No, no…I mean breakfast.
Well, whenever you dig in, I know one thing’s for sure – it’s going to be good!
you might also like: Easy and Fun Canada Day Food To Add To The Menu
A Refreshing Canada Day Dessert
Did I mention, with the addition of a strawberry or raspberry garnish, it makes one pretty, red and white, Canada Day treat to add to your festivities. Served chilled and full of lime flavour, it’s also quite refreshing on a hot summer’s day.Print
A sublime lime mousse that's easy to make and refreshing to enjoy this summer.
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Monk Fruit granulated sugar
- 3 Tbsp full fat sour cream
- 2 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- raspberries, strawberries or cherries (for garnish)
- small lime slices or wedges (for garnish)
- Place an metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes before starting.
- Have four small bowls or cups set aside, ready to fill with mousse mixture.
- Remove the metal mixing bowl from freezer, pour in the whipping cream and beat with an electric beater until soft peaks form. Place in the fridge to keep chilled until it's needed.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, add in the cream cheese and Monk Fruit sugar. Using an electric mixer, beat until the mixture is smooth. Add in the sour cream, lime zest, and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Using a spatula, fold in the whipped cream in two steps, then gently fold in the lime juice. The consistency of the mousse will be slightly more liquidy but it will solidify in the fridge.
- Carefully scoop out the mousse into your bowls or cups, wiping off any drips from the inside and outside rim.
- Cover the dishes with plastic wrap and chill for at least 4 hours, preferrably overnight.
- Garnish the serving dish with a small slice of lime and a strawberry, raspberry or cherry before serving. Enjoy!
This recipe is adapted from foodnetwork.ca
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
SAVE THIS RECIPE FOR LATER!
- Crispy Turkey Strip Salad with Pears, Pecans, and Cranberries - March 22, 2022
- These Ultra-Hydrating Products Will Soothe Your Dry Skin - March 3, 2022
- Is A Standing Desk Worth It? We Put One To The Test! - February 11, 2022