I like to squeeze a bit of lemon on top just before serving, it really puckers up your lips and makes for one refreshing dessert. But don’t take my word for it, try this one for yourself!
Roasted Plum Sorbet :: Sugar-Free & Dairy-Free
2 1/2 cups of yellow plums, pitted, quartered (or try any variation of plum!)
1 teaspoon of virgin coconut oil
1/4 cup of water
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 lemon for zesting (about a Tbsp of zest)
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
a pinch of nutmeg
3-4 ice cubes
optional: 1/4 cup of coconut sugar, maple syrup, organic sugar, or a few drops of stevia to sweeten.
- Wash and prepare plums.
- Place a teaspoon of virgin coconut oil in a large sauce pan. Heat on high heat and add plums.
- Let the plums roast for 5 minutes.
- Add water, vanilla, cinnamon and sugar if you are using any (I used maple syrup) in a saucepan over high heat.
- Grate lemon zest over mixture.
- Bring to a boil, stirring continously.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for about 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes and then transfer into a cake pan and place in the freezer for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Remove the mixture and transfer into a blender or food processor, adding a few ice cubes.
- Blend until smooth, but not liquid.
- Pour into a freezer container (like a tupperware). Freeze for 1 hour.
- Remove from freezer, serve and garnish with a extra lemon zest or fresh fruit, if desired.
- 21 Easy Meal Prep Ideas to Make the Best Kids Lunches - July 28, 2020
- 35 Fun Backyard Activities for Kids to Do This Summer - July 18, 2020
- Summertime Fun With the Primo Foldable Scooter - July 5, 2020