St. Patrick’s Day desserts are always fun, especially since they are full of colour! Green is the obvious first choice, but rainbow hues are a close second. Today’s sweet treat combines a bit of both…
According to Celtic legend, Leprechauns are cheeky and mischievous characters that hide their gold coins safely in a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. If you do happen to catch a Leprechaun, it is said, as long as you promise to let him go, he will give you three wishes! This delicious Leprechaun bark for St. Patrick’s Day is an ode to the magical myth, featuring rainbow candy, sprinkles, and Lucky Charm marshmallows.
When you make this festive snack on St. Paddy’s, you can share the mystical story of the Leprechaun with your kids and see their eyes grow big with wonderment!
This recipe is exciting and simple to make. The first step is to pick which toppings you’d like to use. There are lots of options, as you can imagine, and it’s all about what you and your kids would like. Some ideas to get you started: coloured miniature marshmallows, Lucky Charms cereal (or just the marshmallows, like we did), M&M’s Crunchy Mint chocolate candies, sour rainbow candy, colourful sprinkles, miniature gold ball candies, green smarties, gummy bears, etc.
Set your candy out in bowls on a table or kitchen workspace so you’re ready to decorate. The next step is to melt 12 oz of white baking chocolate in a double boiler. While it’s melting, prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper (10×15 in/25x28cm). If your kiddos are helping you out, they can do this while you gently stir the chocolate.
When the white chocolate is ready, pour over the baking sheet and spread evenly. Now it’s time to add the toppings! Work quickly and gently press into the melted chocolate so they stay put. Get creative and have fun.
After decorating, place the bark in the freezer for 1 hour. Then it’s ready to remove, break into pieces, serve and enjoy. Everyone will love this sweet St. Patrick’s Day treat!Print
A fun and festive St. Patrick’s Day treat!
- 12 oz Baker’s Premium White Chocolate
Approximate amount of candies
- 1/3 cup Lucky Charms Cereal marshmallows
- 1/3 cup coloured miniature marshmallows
- 1/4 cup colourful spinkles
- 4 sour rainbow candies, cut in half
- Set your candy out in bowls on a table or kitchen workspace.
- Melt baking chocolate in a double boiler.
- While it’s melting, prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- When the chocolate is fully melted and smooth (about 5 minutes), pour over the baking sheet and spread evenly.
- Now it’s time to add the toppings! Work quickly and gently press into the melted chocolate so they stay put.
- After decorating, place the bark in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Once it’s set, remove and break into pieces. Serve and enjoy!
- Keep stored in the fridge in a sealed container. For optimal freshness, enjoy within a week.
PIN this recipe!
- Kitchen Makeover: How to Choose the Perfect Paint Colour - August 9, 2023
- Radiant Days: La Roche-Posay Essentials for Your Skincare Routine - August 7, 2023
- 24 Cheerful Painting Projects to Ignite Your Creativity - June 1, 2023